Digital printing is transforming the textile industry, primarily for fashion apparel but increasingly in home furnishings and technical textile applications. After making significant inroads in Europe, inkjet systems now sell in all major textile-producing regions and the ratio of digitally to conventionally printed textiles continues to rise.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions for digital textile printers of all sizes, scanning and single-pass. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Textile Printers
- Inkjet printing allows the rapid introduction of new fabric designs – in a matter of days rather than weeks or months as is the case with screen printing. Other design advantages include the ability to print without repeat patterns and to accommodate a multitude of colours and gradients.
- Digital printing of textiles offers significant cost advantages over analogue screen printing. Short production runs become economically feasible due to lower set-up requirements and print-on-demand capability allows for reduced stock of finished goods.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
- Meteor’s ability to support large numbers of printheads, ultra-high data rates, large image buffers and long cable lengths means that high speed single-pass systems as well as scanning machines with very large carriages can be deployed with no limitation on throughput. In contrast, Meteor also offers economical solutions for small DTG systems.
Software for Textile Printers
Meteor offers MetTextile front end software developed specifically for textile printers. This software features an easy-to-use interface and implements functions important to textile printers including seamless repeats and the tracking of printed areas. Alternatively, a bespoke front end can be designed using Meteor’s Print Engine Software Development Kit.